Global Innovation Centers
Fostering Breakthrough Innovation Breakthrough ideas seldom happen by accident. They are the product of discipline, insight, expertise and inspiration. And they are fostered in an environment that supports the creative process.
We have four Global Innovation Centers dedicated to facilitating our innovation and design process. They’re strategically located in Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Sneek, Netherlands and Bardon, England. This is where creative thinking becomes inspired design that showcases your product and accelerates your brand’s performance.
Each Innovation Center unites a wealth of packaging know-how with a world of fresh design ideas, leading technologies and new materials. With packaging samples from around the world and state-of-the-art collaboration tools, our facilities allow us to work seamlessly with design, machinery and manufacturing. This is key to ensuring new designs are feasible in the marketplace.
Here are a few examples of the breakthrough innovations created in our Global Innovation Centers.
- The groundbreaking Tite-Pak® reduces bottle breakage by protecting glass bottles using “shark fin” partitions from the bottom panel of the carton to separate bottles at the heels. Other features like “corner cushions” fill the void in the corners, and “crown guards” further secure the bottles at the crown level. This solution has proven to be a more sustainable alternative, reducing environmental footprint, while conserving energy and materials when compared to current corrugated packaging solutions. Tite-Pak can be configured to run glass containers of many sizes and shapes for beverages and food containers. It offers a quieter package with less clanking noise during shopping and transportation.
- IntegraFlex provides a better “on-the-go” eating experience, incorporating the best features of a folding carton and a flexible package for a lower-cost, more efficient solution. The vessel stands on its own for quick prep and easy fill. It’s available in a variety of materials, coatings and film laminations. provides a better “on-the-go” eating experience, incorporating the best features of a folding carton and a flexible package for a lower-cost, more-efficient solution. The vessel stands on its own for quick prep and easy fill. It’s available in a variety of materials, coatings and film laminations. IntegraFlex is a great alternative to cups, clamshells and flexible pouches.
- Z-Flute® strength packaging uses a patented lamination technology to strategically reinforce areas inside the folding carton for top load compression. The resulting cartons are optimized for each application and use significantly less fiber than corrugated packaging. Shipper cases and display trays are eliminated throughout the supply chain, cutting millions of pounds of tertiary packaging waste per year and reducing greenhouse gas emissions Plus, the thinner profile means more cartons per inbound pallet and truckload, helping to hold the line against high transportation costs.
- The automated Fruitpack, which offers a natural, fiber-based packaging solution that is recyclable for natural produce, won the Re:Fresh Awards 2012 Innovation of the Year. Fruitpack can be stored in the fridge, helping to increase product life. Plus its large branding area makes a bold statement on shelves, helping one retailer double sales year-on-year.
- DesignerWare® is a breakthrough in sustainable packaging, combining paperboard and plastic for exceptional barrier protection with unsurpassed microwave performance. It provides multi-functional cooking solutions, from even heating to browning and crisping, and beyond to steaming. DesignerWare can be printed with high-impact graphics, is available in many shapes, uses 50-80% less plastic for improved sustainability and is more rigid than comparable plastic trays. It’s ideal for frozen meals, entrees, salads, side dishes and food service applications.
To view the Tite-Pak video below in spanish please click here.