To support the Technical business division by issuing and analysing key financial reports, and to provide insightful information to the business. To support the finance department with various tasks such as financial analysis, accounting and treasury.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
Support the Finance Manager with the following:
- Prepare and consolidate all financial reports required during the monthly closing process
- Provide analysis of budget/forecast/prior year variances during the month-end close process
- Prepare annual budget and long-range plan, and monthly forecasts
- Review the company Technical Sales Department procedures and develop and implement enhancements where required
- Assist in various accounting tasks (preparation of audits, financial statements, fiscal and VAT declarations)
- Help provide advice on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions (OPEX/CAPEX/Net Working Capital
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- A degree in accounting and finance or economics
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) or controlling
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) – Strong excel skills is essential.
- Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications is essential (e.g. Hyperion, Oracle)
- In depth finance experience – ideally in Manufacturing or FMCG
- Language: English / French or Dutch
Key (Behavioural) Competencies
- Excellent communication skills essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions, and have a good understanding of procedures and processes.
- Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
- Will be working in very fast paced environment so must be experienced in dealing with pressure and be highly organised with an ability to multi-task and manage one’s own time.
- Integrity – honesty, leading by example, keeping promises, meeting commitments
- Respect – valuing the unique skills and abilities of others, listening to other opinions
- Accountability – acting with initiative, doing the job to the best of our ability, continuously improving
- Relationships – combining our strengths, considering the needs of others
- Teamwork – working together to achieve goals, involving others