Responsible for the installation, service and maintenance of GPI machinery in customer facilities. The incumbent is a key member of the Technical Service team and partners with our converting and sales teams to meet the needs of the customer.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Conducts top-level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanic land controls related problems on machines installed at customer locations, including overhauls and field upgrades as necessary
- Participates in the development, processing and follow up of specifications during machinery tests, debugging and start up, as well as, during the development and field testing of new carton designs
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with customers and acts professionally and proactively to resolve equipment, cartons or service-related issues
- As the technical expert, partners with sales and converting manufacturing individuals and teams to resolve customer issues, as well as, support new business opportunities and product development projects
- Applies continuous improvement concepts and techniques to increase equipment productivity. Participates in process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Effectively utilizes IT systems (in-house and standard applications)
- Maintains skill base necessary and consistent with machinery and carton technology
- 4 or more years of related experience and/or formal training in equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting. Knowledge of packaging or similar equipment is advantageous
- Technical training with graduation or education of industrial or mechanical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical, mechanical engineering PLC and operator interface knowledge/experience.
- Must be prepared to travel if required on short notice. Working hours are flexible to meet Customer demands. Some shift / out of hours working will be required as necessary.
- Higher level of English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Full clean driving license
Key (Behavioural) Competencies
- Effective communicator, both orally and written, with internal and external customers
- Successfully identifies root causes and resolves problems and issues
- Develops positive customer relationships through customer-focused mindset, build trust
- Effectively manages time, plans, projects and related tasks
Company Core Values
Our Core Values are the fundamental principles of our culture and our Code of Business Conduct. These values guide our decisions and conduct.
- Integrity – honesty, leading by example, keeping promises, meeting commitments
- Respect – valuing the unique skills and abilities of others, listening to other opinions
- Accountability – acting with initiative, doing the job to the best of our ability, continuously improving
- Relationships – combining our strengths, considering the needs of others
- Teamwork – working together to achieve goals, involving others