We have an opportunity for a Blanket Technician to join the Pre-Press & Print team.
The purpose of this role is to support the Pre-Press & Print function with production on varnish blankets and plates.
Key duties are:
· Produce internal varnish blankets and or plates.
· Check Varnish design files match CAD VFA’s.
· Perform quality checks on new and existing blankets/plates.
· Log Blanket / plate reference within Avante system
· Issue Blanket / plate to press.
· File Blanket packets once used and keep storage area clean and tidy.
· Purge Blanket storage area periodically.
· Check and manage stock levels.
· Ensure department SOP’s are followed at all times.
· Work closely with the Sales, Pre- press, Print department and Repro Bardon team.
· Carry out regular maintenance to equipment keeping it clean and tidy
Key Requirements are:
· Experience in a comparable role in packaging is preferred.
· Artios Cad skill preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
· Ability to present and review data.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Must be numerate with the ability to be able to learn quickly and the flexibility to “go the extra mile” when required to complete a task.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 37.5 weekly, 9am-5pm with flexibility required.
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience.