Graphic Packaging’s range of fiber-based packaging innovations scored a perfect ten at the North American Paperboard Packaging Competition, winning an outstanding ten awards.
The historic awards, now entering their 80th year, were hosted by the Paperboard Packaging Council, and remain an important barometer for the innovation and success of paper-based packaging around the world.
The child-proof laundry pack created in partnership with global brand Unilever took home the prized Sustainability of the Year Award. Other notable winners included the Chick-fil-A Cold&Go™ fiber cup, which won Gold Awards in Sustainability and Innovation, the PaperSeal™ tray for Ranobo Quality Nuts which won an Excellence Award in Sustainability, and the multi-award-winning KeelClip™ multipack we created for Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages, that took home a Gold Award in Sustainability.
Ricardo de Genova, SVP of global innovation and new business at Graphic Packaging was delighted with another great night of award success, saying, “We’re honored and humbled by our success tonight, but more than that, by the success of the fiber-based packaging industry as a whole. The sector is rich with innovation and creativity, which translates into a greater range of packaging on-shelf that can really make a world of difference to today’s consumer.
“We want to thank our customers for trusting us with their packaging goals, and for their collaborative spirit in inspiring these award-winning packaging solutions.”
Here’s a full list of winning products:
- Unilever childproof carton for laundry detergent – Sustainability of the Year Award
- Salzburg Schokolade Holiday Kugel carton – Gold Award in Sustainability
- Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages KeelClip™ for mini cans – Gold Award in Sustainability
- Chick-fil-A Cold&Go™ cups – Gold Awards in Sustainability and Innovation
- Dogfish Head Wake Up World Wide Stout four-bottle carrier – Excellence Award
- PRESS Seltzer 12-can rounded corner carton – Excellence Award in Innovation
- Ranobo Quality Nuts PaperSeal™ tray – Excellence Award in Sustainability
- McDonald’s hexagonal salad carton – Excellence Award in Sustainability